Financial Markets & Financial Software The Skill-Builder for Financial Trading - Financial Training Software.
The Free Downloads:
Note: These are illustrative programs designed to provide insights into the workings of the markets / food for thought (They all require Excel). They are offered free with absolutely no obligation or strings attached - though we would appreciate a referral, please click here
We would also appreciate your letting us know what you think of them when you have tried them out.
- Random Bar-Chart Generator, as discussed in the Forces behind the Moves article. Randmkt.exe is a self-extracting zip-file (54kb): click here to download it now.
- Coming Soon (June 1998): Chaos - a neat little demonstration of the principle that chaotic / recursive systems (also briefly discussed in the Forces behind the Moves article) are extremely sensitive to initial conditions.
- Also Coming Soon: The Equity and Draw-down Evolution Model - Suppose you think that 60% of your trades will be profitable, your average profit will be twice as large as your average loss, 10% of trades will give rise to exceptionally large profits or losses, an average trade will last 8 days, each contract traded trade will cost $50 in commission and slippage, you are starting with $20,000 risk-capital and decide to risk $1000 per trade (or any other combination of the variables you choose to test):
- How much will you make over any given period?
- Is an adverse run of consecutive losses likely to wipe you out?
- What will your Equity and Draw-Down curves look like?
- What will be your worst draw-down from previous maximum equity?
- What will the longest draw-down period be?
- What effect will "gearing-up" as equity accumulates have on the overall results?
If you would like to be informed when these programs become available (and of other developments to the site), click here and subscribe to our free digest.
The Market Skill-Builder Program Files:
- Note: This is the fully-functional program, requires Excel (limted data-set for practise-trading. See Getting Started for details.
- Click here to down-load the program file.
Data-Files and Manuals (Registered Users)
- All these files are encrypted self-extracting password-protected archives.
- Registered users will receive the passwords via Email.
- After down-loading a file (to any directory), double-click on it in Explorer / File Manager.
- You will be prompted for the password and "target path" : C:\MSB\DATA is standard for data-files, but any other address may be used.
- See the "ReadMe.txt" file in the program-file package for further details of the data.
- In Write format (compatible with all windows-compatible word processors).
- The download file totals 101kb, expands to 226kb on execution.
- Click here to down-load the manual.
- In html format (essentially a zipped copy of the relevant parts of this site for local browsing) - Coming soon.
The Data: Daily / Weekly / Monthly:
The Data: Intra-Day:
Questions / Comments ? :
- Email us :
Next, Getting Started:
Financial Markets & Financial Software. The Skill-Builder for Financial Trading - Financial Training Software.